Alyson Krokosky, MS, CGC, provides genetic counseling services to patients and their families in the areas of preconception, prenatal, pediatric, adult, cancer and cardiac genetics. Alyson has a special interest in helping patients and their families uncover their family history and understand health risks. She earned her bachelor’s degree in biology from Furman University in Greenville, S.C., and her master’s degree in human genetics from the University of Michigan.
1. What are some of your hobbies outside of work?
Outside of work I enjoy singing, reading, volunteering and travelling.
2. What is your favorite thing about your job?
I enjoy working with patients and helping them understand a new diagnosis.
3. Where did you grow up/where is your family from?
I grew up in Appleton. I moved around the country for college, graduate school and my first job before returning back to Appleton.
4. What's the hottest trend in your industry?
Genetics is a rapidly growing and changing field. Some of the big topics right now are whole exome/whole genome sequencing and non-invasive prenatal screening.
Alyson Krokosky's Posts
- Posted on June 25, 2014. Tags: Affinity Health System, congenital heart disease, Cystic Fibrosis, genetic counselor, newborn screening, public health department. No Comments
- Posted on January 21, 2014. Tags: advice, Affinity Health System, national birth defects awareness month, Pregnancy, prevention tips. One Comment