Melissa Koehler, DO
Melissa D. Koehler, DO, MBA, provides comprehensive obstetric and gynecological services and performs minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries including laparoscopic hysterectomies.
1. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? I really like to be outdoors doing things. This may range from gardening, playing ball or Frisbee with my kids and our Weimariner, Abby, to camping and riding bicycles. I suppose some of my more favorite moments come while roasting marshmallows around a fire and telling stories with friends and family.
2. What is your favorite thing about your job? I love the diversity of my job - no two days are remotely the same. I consider myself to be especially blessed that I get to work with a wonderful group of people, and its so great to see that I'm making a difference in people's lives.
4. If you weren’t a doctor, what would your dream job be? I've spent several years behind a desk prior to going to medical school, and now know that I like to stay active. This is my dream job. In retirement, I'd love to spend time working on gardening and landscape designing.
5. Where did you grow up/where is your family from? I grew up just south of Houston, Texas and spent several years in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. Needless to say, the snow in Wisconsin is a little different for me, but I think I'm really beginning to enjoy having a full four seasons.
6. What is the hottest trend in your industry? Minimally invasive surgery has been around for quite a while, and we're getting better at making the incisions even smaller, and keeping pain as little as possible. I'm so excited to see where technology is going. Things may be different even in another few years.