Dr. Sarah Campbell
Dr. Sarah Campbell is a pediatrician with Affinity Medical Group practicing at Affinity’s Children Health Center in Appleton. She is a board-certified pediatrician, particularly enjoys working with first time parents and has special interest in nutrition and adolescent medicine. She is the mother of four children.
Get to know Dr. Campbell
1. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? I like to read books, travel and spend time with my husband and four kids.
2. What is your favorite thing about your job? My favorite thing about my job is taking care of children, helping teach parents about parenting and getting to play with kids all day long.
3. What sort of blogs/news channels do you follow? For parents, I like www.healthychildren.org from the American Academy of Pediatrics. I get Facebook updates on pediatric issues from the American Academy of Pediatrics as well. For news channels, I read online stories on CNN, MSNBC and The New York Times.
4. If you weren’t a doctor, what would your dream job be? If I weren’t a doctor, I would like to be a college professor at a small liberal arts school such as Lawrence, which is where I went to college.
5. Where did you grow up/where is your family from? I grew up in Minneapolis, MN and my family is still in the cities. My husband grew up in the ‘other twin cities’ – aka Menasha.
6. What is the hottest trend in your industry? The hot trends right now revolve around immunizations and the reemergence of vaccine preventable diseases. Another hot trend is the health of our children, particularly as it pertains to the prevention of childhood obesity and nutrition.