Eating Disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental health disorder with reports of 30 million Americans suffering from an eating disorder sometime in their life. It is one of the most difficult illnesses since it includes both aspects of mental health as well as medical and nutritional health. Due to this complexity, a multidisciplinary team provides optimal treatment potential.
Eating disorders come in many forms including:
- Binge eating disorder
- Avoidant/restrictive intake disorder
- Rumination disorder and pica
Our goal is to:
- Screen to evaluate eating behaviors and thought processes directing those behaviors
- Assess scope and intensity of behaviors to determine level of care
- Provide interventions to empower a healthy relationship with food and body image
- Obtain complete recovery from disordered eating behaviors
St. Elizabeth Hospital was a pioneer in the treatment of eating disorders, recognizing the importance of offering services long before it was recognized.
Marilyn Danz MS, RD, CD, CEDRD, was instrumental in the initiation of those services. She is certified with the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals as a registered dietitian specializing in the treatment of eating disorders.
Danz has completed the highest level of credentialing in the field, Certified Eating Disorders Registered Dietitian – one of only 4 CEDRDs in Wisconsin, and one of 166 CEDRDs in the world. After rigorous training, experience and continually expanding knowledge base, Marilyn provides expert screening, assessment and treatment for individuals of all ages dealing with eating disorders.
Call to schedule an appointment at Ascension/Affinity Behavioral Health at 920.223.8570.