Many people tend to put on a few pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years, but you don’t have to be one of them. Try one of these delicious party favorite recipes.
Caprese Salad on a Stick
Ingredients (per “stick”)
¾ oz fresh mozzarella cheese (approximately 3 round cheese balls)
3 basil leaves
3 cherry tomatoe
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
⅛ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- In order, assemble cheese, basil and tomato onto the skewer until all ingredients are stacked beautifully.
- Drizzle olive oil over assembled skewer, and add a pinch of sea salt if desired.
1 serving equals 110 calories, 9g fat, 2g carbohydrate, 1g fiber
Roasted Vegetable Dip
Yield: 20 2-tablespoon servings
2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Place the red peppers, zucchini and onion in a baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the olive oil, salt and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place cream cheese and vegetables in a food processor; cover and process until blended.
- Chill until serving.
1 serving equals 44 calories, 3g fat, 3g carbohydrate, 1g fiber
Yield: 4 servings
16 ounces pomegranate juice
12-ounces ginger ale
Juice of two limes
- Mix ingredients together and stir.
- Garnish with a lime.
With regular ginger ale: 98 calories & 26 g carbohydrate
With diet ginger ale: 67 calories & 19 g carbohydrate