Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. sugar substitute
- 2 large oranges
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 5 cups of mixed greens
- ¼ cup sliced red onions
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Add 1 cup of cranberries to food processor or blender to coarsely chop or chop by
hand. Then toss with sugar substitute.
- Peel and section oranges. Add oranges and celery to cranberries and toss.
- To make dressing: Whisk lemon juice, ginger, honey and mustard together in a
small bowl. Add the oil and whisk to emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the mixed greens with ¾ of the dressing and put in a shallow platter. Top with
cranberry-orange mixture, red onions and whole cranberries for garnish. Drizzle
with leftover dressing on top.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (1 cup): Calories- 105, Fat- 7 grams, Carbohydrate- 11 grams,
Fiber- 2 grams, Sodium- 95 mg, Protein- 1 gram.
Choices: Fruit- 0.5, Fat-1.5, Vegetable-1
Reference: American Diabetes Association. Diabetes Forecast Magazine. November 2014, Volume 67, Number 11. Diabetesforecast.org