My eight-year-old daughter loves fish. One of her favorites is salmon and this is one of our favorite ways to prepare it. The recipe comes from Ina Garten popularly known as the Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network show. This is a very easy recipe to make.
When preparing fish at home make sure to practice food safety rules: wash hands before handling fish, use a designated cutting board (wash and disinfect after use) and avoid raw meat drippings to cross contaminate other surfaces.
- 2/3 cup panko* (Japanese dried bread flakes)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving Continue Reading »