Freeing yourself from tobacco can be a challenge, but it’s a challenge that is well worth it. While there may be temporary discomforts during the process, the permanent rewards for giving up the habit and addiction far outweigh any struggles you may encounter. Being mindful of benefits during the process can keep your spirits up and push you to commit to being nicotine free. There are many benefits to look forward to, including;
- The amount of money saved from not buying tobacco will help you to feel more financially secure. The average smoker spends approximately $2,200 per year on cigarettes – imagine what you could do with that money.
- The lingering smell of smoke will be gone. Not only will you smell better, but people may feel more comfortable around you since you won’t have that smoky smell in your house or car anymore.
- Others will notice you have more time to spend with them instead of having to leave the room to smoke. Think of the conversations you won’t be missing!
- Others and yourself will notice you have more energy and are more productive. Breathing will become much easier, so exercise and vigorous activities won’t cause as much shortness of breath.
- You will notice a better sense of taste and smell. The world around you will become more enjoyable!