Welcome to a new monthly feature of our blog, Your Personal Cost of Health Care. With monthly posts, we will take you on a trip over time to help you become familiar and knowledgeable about the processes that impact your out-of-pocket cost for the health care you receive. We will provide on-going information to help you to learn how to “read the map” in getting your health care claims paid.
Upcoming articles may include:
- Information you will need when you are pre-registering for an upcoming appointment
- What is a prior authorization?
- How to get your prior authorization before it’s too late
- How to deal with a denial from your insurance company
- Do you know the facts on denial insurance claims?
o Check out “Fundmastery Blog” – http://www.fundmasteryblog.com/2009/10/07/denied-medical-insurance-claims/
- What is a EOB (Explanation of Benefits)?
- How to understand your AHS Statement
If you have any questions or topics you’d like us to discuss, comment and let us know, we’d be happy to answer! I hope you look forward to taking the financial journey with us!